A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Saturday, May 22, 2010

moving cats

I have two cats, DamnCat and EmoCat (sometimes FatCat). DamnCat's been mine since she was a tiny bottle baby. She's demanding, selective with her affection, and somewhat agoraphobic. She did NOT take well to moving next door from my old apartment, and she does NOT like to travel in the slightest. She has enjoyed perfect health, so she hasn't actually left my apartment since moving. EmoCat despises traveling as well, probably because it reminds him of being left at the shelter as a bald, malnourished boy covered with flea allergy dermatitis. Both are going to have to go to a vet for a checkup, rabies booster, a certification of their health, and tranquilizers-- because they're going on a much longer trip in the near future. However, I only have one smallish carrier and I've been trying to find two larger ones to accommodate my M-to-L and XXL cats. Larger, nicer carriers to make the trip more tolerable without spending $150 (times two) on a Sleepypod (which I'm not sure would fit EmoCat anyway).. it's a little tough. So I'm left searching Amazon and Drs Fosters and Smith. Which is an eye-opening experience, to say the least. I can hear DamnCat sharpening her claws as I dare to even look at this. And please, please shoot me if I ever buy a stroller for my cats.

1 comment:

MaryNeedsSleep said...

Even better is this one -- I laugh every time I see it in the catalog.
In all seriousness, if I could figure out how to get it to you and back, I would be happy to let you borrow our way-too-big carrier for as long as you wanted... I never use it because I really can't carry it well, but it would probably be nice for a long car trip.