A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ah yes, now I recall why I haven't moved for so long...

I hate moving with a passion. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I've got a ton of boxes thanks to friends and family stealing them away from workplaces, but I have a feeling that I'll still need more because stuff has a habit of multiplying, if you get my drift.

Ugh.

I literally own hundreds of books. It's lovely when they're all in their places on the shelves, but even though I tend toward buying softcovers (they're cheaper, smaller, and lighter) they're still the densest material on the face of the earth. Seriously. A box full of books versus a box full of lead or osmium? The books win.

Of course I've had this running through my head. And you, oh tiny cadre of readers, will now have it stuck in your head. It's the Official Song That Causes Uncontrollable Sobbing for the majority of my generation.



Sorry for the unfortunately large size. It's the smallest version available. But, of course, we can't have too much of a downer. So continuing the Muppet theme....a few of my absolute favorite bits from The Muppet Show:







(I actually have the Hallmark ornament from that sketch!)

And the last word...

No comments: