A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Monday, April 12, 2010

necklaces I've made (picspam)

This weekend's creation. Needs some slight tweaking, but I like how the strands came out.

necklace 1

That was a variation on this one, which I also like (and made a few months back)...

necklace 2

The next two are from last summer, but I never took pictures of them. Tiger eye and "jadite" (I have my doubts):

necklace 3

Coral and turquoise, brass beads salvaged from a "vintage" necklace (I like this one with a suit):

necklace 4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing that you are 3 timezones away. I don't think that those first two would be safe near my grabby hands! Wow!

Oh, and if that is too subtle. I am going to try very hard to copy #1. I actually have a very similar amethyst for #2. Did you steal the design from The Office (Cafe Disco)? Phyllis wears the best jewelry. The office isn't exactly cosplay material, but you get inspiration where you will.

-klari

Constant Gardener said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks! I don't watch The Office, but I'll have to check it out. Usually I just kind of play with things until I find something I really like (though the coral necklace was sort of inspired by a couture Elizabethan collar-style necklace made of branching coral-- obviously not practical, but coral and turquoise are a classic summer color combination).

For the second necklace, I had the seed beads floating around for forever and I was just playing with mixing them up when I thought they're look better with accent beads, and in a grouping. The faceted clear glass beads with copper splashes were leftover from another project, and the other accent-y beads were an impulse buy at Pat Catan's in search of a use.