A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Monongahela, Allegheny, Ohio. If yinz ain't a Steelers fan, you just...

GOOD GOD. I'm so drained, physically and mentally. I'm sure there are NFL front office staff that just wish they could have anything like the Steelers/ Ravens in the Superbowl. If they just moved the Ravens to the NFC..

I haven't wanted to post anything because, yes, I am abnormally superstitious when it comes to football (some days I worry that they'll take away my chem degree for admitting this-- scientists do not believe in superstition). I've taken an incredible amount of trash talk this week, and pretty much constrained myself to "well, we'll just have to see" as a response. Because yes, I was SO worried about this game that I didn't want to jinx it. It's so stressful watching them. I don't know why they bother playing a full game. I mean, it just about always comes down the the last half of the fourth quarter anyway.

So, yeah, I'm all hoarse from screaming and just hysterical that we're back in the AFC championship game again. Even though it's tempered by the knowledge that whomever won tonight was doomed to be so very, very banged up for the AFC championship. And that it's going to be a really tough championship game. But those are thoughts for tomorrow-- tonight is for relishing victory.

No comments: