A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Monday, October 25, 2010

Bored now.

Clearly it is fall despite being unseasonably warm (in my area at work, anyway). All I want to do is cook and knit and/ or crochet and do other nest-y kinds of things. And watch copious amounts of football until I'm drunk on it. The Steelers are keeping ahead of Baltimore, though we lost Aaron Smith AGAIN?! Argh. The Ravens fans were oddly quiet today, as though they realized that they BARELY beat the Bills and that they had a few calls go their way. Oh, who am I kidding-- strike that last. This is Baltimore, where the persecution complex runs as deep. And can I just say how absofrickinglutely hilarious the Cowboys meltdown has been? I savor their yummy, yummy tears like a delicious small batch bourbon.

Also, I am ridiculously excited about this coming weekend and seeing Pittsburgh peoples. Even though I may experience massive costume FAIL, it's still nice to be around familiar faces in familiar environs.

Anyhoo, I'm killing time while waiting for Halloween treats to finish in the oven, so here's one of the many memes/ notes to which I owe a response.

Getting to know you...

You've been tagged, you have the honor of copying all these goofy questions, writing your own response, and tagging other victims. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you - but not in a creepy stalker kind of way.

1. What time did you get up this morning?
First alarm at 5:30, in the shower by 5:55.

2. How do you like your steak?
Medium rare

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Inception. I haven't had time for movies since moving.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
Doctor Who, Bones, Dirty Jobs, The Good Wife, Burn Notice

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I'd have multiple houses, because I can't decide.

6. What did you have for breakfast?
Yogurt, granola, & tea

7. What is your favorite cuisine?
Spicy

8. What foods do you dislike?
Absolutely wouldn't eat? Mushrooms. And seafood gives me hives.

9. Favorite place to eat?
I miss quite a few places back home.

10. Favorite dressing?
Balsamic vinaigrette or a rustic Italian-ish vinaigrette

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Jeepers

12. What are your favorite clothes?
jeans and a teeshirt/ sweater

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Just about everywhere

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Depends on what I'm drinking

15. Where would you want to retire?
A small farm-ish kind of place with a huge garden, greenhouse, a few fleece livestock. Or a place on the water, so I can finally have my sailboat.

16. Favorite time of the day?
I'm an afternoon kind of person, if we're not assigning any particular place or company

17. Where were you born?
Pittsburgh, PA-- in Oakland, natch.

18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
NFL football, hockey, Olympic events

22. Bird watcher?
Look at the birdie /Vonnegutted!

23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Certainly not morning. Never.

24. Do you have any pets?
Two cats here, one with my parents'

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
I have a multitude of burns on my fingertips from making Halloween treats. 300 degree sugar syrup will do that.

26. What did you want to be when you were little?
Teacher, scientist, writer, librarian, pilot, engineer

27. What is your best childhood memory?
Holidays, especially Christmas

28. Are you a cat or dog person?
I like both, but prefer cats when pushed

30. Always wear your seat belt?
Yes, it keeps my pants up and shirt down.

31. Been in a car accident?
Minor

32. Any pet peeves?
Just a few... dozen.

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Spinach & feta or the classic sausage/onion/green pepper three-fer

34. Favorite Flower?
To see: orchids, daisies, sunflowers
To smell: gardenia, citrus blossom, sweat peas, jasmine, lilac, old roses...

35. Favorite ice cream?
ginger or vanilla

36. Favorite fast food restaurant ?
In-and-Out. We definitely need them on the east coast.

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
Third time's the charm, though the administrator scared the piss out of me the first time by blowing my horn at the person parallel parking ahead of me.

38. From whom did you get your last email?
A work contact

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
B&N or Ikea

40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Inquired about part-time doctoral programs

41. Like your job?
Absolutely

42. Broccoli?
Just not raw

43. What was your favorite vacation?
Too hard to pick one

44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
A coworker

45. What are you listening to right now?
Monday Night Football (and loving it!)

46. What is your favorite color?
Green

47. How many tattoos do you have?
One.

50. Coffee Drinker?
Tea. Hot cinnamon spice, black ginger, chai, or Earl Grey.

No comments: