A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Monday, August 30, 2010

full of hot air

So far, so good with 31. The only thing to report is that the day I actually bit the bullet and registered for an intro to sailing class is the day that Hurricane Earl has the entire East Cost in a tizzy. Here's hoping that Earl stays away from the Banks-- and that I don't have too much wind in my sails. Ditto ThePotentialHurricane Fiona. I tell you what, it certainly is weird to be back on the coast with a hurricane bearing down. The last time that happened (Felix, the '95 edition) I was hatching sea turtles in North Carolina, and safely back in Pittsburgh well before the storm landed.

I still need to renew my Flickr Pro account. Bleh. It'll have to wait until payday. I'm still so tired from driving so much this weekend (pushing 600 miles, all told-- could be worse, but that's enough). Oh, and I had a potential unadulterated MTMM(TR). I think it's coming. I'm due. It almost balanced out the awful, horrible, no good traffic today that swelled my 10 minute commute to 40+. I do not handle traffic like that well at all. But other than that, 31's been fairly uneventful. Which is not a bad thing in the slightest.

No comments: