A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Friday, January 8, 2010

the more things change...

I was under the impression that the Huffington Post was a somewhat left-er leaning kind of place. So why is this incredibly insulting, sexist piece of shit there-- and not being denounced for the incredibly insulting, sexist piece of shit writing it is? Apparently "smart women" have problems dating because of competitiveness, force of personality, not putting a relationship (read: the man) ahead of everything else in their life, etcetera. It's your typical women need to make the man feel superior, so dumb yourself down and fit yourself into some sort of unrealistic ideal or else you're probably going to die alone kind of piece. This so-called "doctor" ends by telling smart women to "show up as love." What the hell is that supposed to mean? "...[E]mbodying joy, compassion and sensuality, telling him how great he is, making him feel like a billion bucks and the conqueror of worlds...." Um. Is this supposed to mean it's solely the woman's job to bring all that stuff to the table? What if I want to be the conqueror of worlds, to feel like a billion bucks or want compassion? And why should I tell someone they're great before I even know them? I'll tell someone they're great when I think they're great, not when I want them to grace me with their attention.

It's a scary day when I'm mostly in agreement with Jezebel commenters.

2 comments:

Hp0 said...

ok, this "dr" is a hypnotherapist who's trying to sell his book. I got half way through his first rule before I started rolling my eyes.

Anonymous said...

I gotta say... That Dr. misses the totally obvious. If you're at the high end of the bell curve, there really are fewer acceptable matches. The same would be true for other bell curves: super religious, super vegan, mentally retarded, etc...

terrible... I vote you write a letter.
-klari