A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rollercoaster! Of fluuuuuuuu! (say what?) Rollercoaster! Of fluu-uuu-uuuu

I felt better-- not great, by any stretch of the imagination, but better-- yesterday. Today? Down again. Major chest congestion. Disgusting.

Happy St. Nicholas day. I miss my best St. Nicholas present ever, my LucyCat. In a pretty awful coincidence I've been bombarded by the most painful commercial ever three times so far this morning. The Sarah McLaughlin ASPCA commercial that can leave me a sobbing mess on a good day? Not the thing I needed to see.

On the plus side, my meager Christmas shopping is half done. Maybe a little more. Dad's birthday present also made it here just in the nick of time. Thank god for the intertubes. I wish my family was a little easier to shop for, or that I had a little more money to get them what they really want, what they really need, or something really great. Someday maybe. I was in the grocery store yesterday, and even in my neighborhood, they were playing Christmas songs. I'm apparently 6, because the Muppet version of the 12 Days of Christmas made me smile like an idiot and linger to the end while perusing cat treats.

No comments: