A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, December 6, 2009

FIVE YEARS!

I can't believe it's been FIVE YEARS since I was on Jeopardy! FIVE YEARS. I didn't play nearly as well as I'd have liked-- there's certainly something to be said about actually being on the spot, under the lights, on camera, having strange persons sticking their hands down your shirt for the mike, and my infamous tumble down the steps from the contestant seating to the stage. But it was a lot of fun, and though my winnings were small they were just enough to work as F-U money. As in, they were enough to allow me to say fuck you to my job, quit, and go back to school full time when it became apparent that my position was not flexible enough to allow me to attend virtually any of my classes. So, thank you Jeopardy! for my masters degree. I could not have done it without you.

No comments: