A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

trying to find the beat again

It's a little hard to write at the moment. I know that life goes on, but everything just seems so trivial right now. Meh. I don't want to do my laundry, especially the sweater I was wearing the last night that still has some of her fur on it. It's as if once I wash it, she'll really be gone instead of me just pretending she's at my parents'. I know there are those who would say it's just a cat, get over it. But I grew up with pets as part of the family, and you don't just get over losing something-- someone-- that was a part of the family for twelve and a half years overnight. Not if you have a heart, anyway.

Pete & Zizi are probably ready to be rid of me for all of the extra attention they've been getting (though I doubt they mind the extra treats). But in about 48 hours I return to working full-time for the first time in almost a year. How strange. School is work, but I can do homework on the couch and fight Pete for my highlighter cap. And I can sit around in my pajamas doing it (much like I did for certain marathon writing sessions...).

We did have a frost advisory last night, so there was a quick moving of the container plants indoors and hurried instructions to cover the garden. Hopefully everything cam through okay. That's spring in Pittsburgh for you-- it can hit into the 80s and bump up against 90, but there's still a good chance that a late frost will catch you off guard.

No comments: