A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Monday, May 18, 2009

Grr, frost

Today is technically the last frost date. Of course, we went from 80 on Friday to a freeze last night and frost tonight. Lovely. Here's how things looked on Sunday:

The rightmost side, with radish bonanza

Right side

The left side, with the strawberries that ate Export

Left side

I'm starting to think that the cow manure I put on the strawberries came from cows on Three Mile Island. The strawberries are huge, spreading at a frightening pace, and scaring me a little. I'm afraid the plant will be sentient soon.

strawberries

The beans have shot up, and zucchini are in.

side plot

Of course, the cats are interesting in all the activity. Oh, did I mention the catnip?

catnipped!

As the elder statesman, Tiger prefers to just sun himself and watch.

sunny Tiger

No comments: