A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Saturday, June 4, 2011

snap!

So my parents surprised me with a new camera, and now I've graduated from my going on six year old Kodak point and shoot to a Nikon DSLR.  Which is pretty cool.  I mean, my Kodak has been a great camera. It's simple to use, it's gone most everywhere with me the past five years, and I've taken some pretty decent (if I may say so myself) pictures with it.  Like Troy Polamalu:

Troy Polamalu

And down the Banks:

To nowhere

Morning splash

And Florida:

Lens

Pellycans

Keepers' quarters, again

And in my own backyard (ish):

hello, dahlia

The definition of bucolic

Dahntahn

bridge

PA past times

pink

Klein's

And now I'm learning how to use my new camera. Of course, with taking pictures of the pets:

corey

lambert

duncan

pete

zizi

But I'll try to not be one of those really obnoxious Flickr members who post nothing but shots to show off what their camera can do (usually all macro), without any other considerations as to whether it's a good or interesting or compelling picture. Well, maybe a little while I learn how to use this thing.

No comments: