A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I like to be there when I can

A little more than a month on, and I'm adjusting to Baltimore. Slowly. I still need to figure out where I can get my hair cut, what dentist to see, those kinds of things. At least I can find the Ulta. And dyed my hair blonde-blonde. As in, I finally found dye that has me more-or-less at my natural color. For reals this time. It's weird to look in the mirror and still not quite see myself, even though this is the closest to natural I've looked for so long. Amazing how much identity is tied to hair.

I didn't realize how homesick I was until I crossed back into Pennsylvania and was surrounded by other vehicles bearing Steelers emblems. It's preseason, but it's Steelers football on TV in front of me. A-freaking-men. The off-season lasts forever.

My old place feels like an empty shell and an anchor around my neck and not at all like my former sanctum. Got to finish cleaning and patching and everything-- even though I know it's going to be (slightly) remodeled anyway. Frustrating, that. At this point, I kind of just want to hire a cleaning service so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Now if you'll excuse me, the black and gold and a certain black and (white with) gold (eyes) cat that would like my attention.

No comments: