A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Monday, March 15, 2010

white knuckles

Since we're now on the downside of the final semester, is it appropriate or old meme to insert "The Final Countdown" videos?

Hm. I'll go with "too close to hipster 'irony.'"

At any rate, I do not recommend doing detail-oriented work with The Cold From Hell! It's just a bog standard annoying, disgusting cold instead of anything special, but I think rhinoviruses are from that special corner of hell from whence mosquitoes and people who don't use turn signals also came. So I feel completely justified in calling it The Cold From Hell. I feel like I'm my own subject in determining whether a cold itself or a cold with cold medicine makes for the most unintentionally creative writing. I think I've unintentionally grossed out my office partner, because I can't go five minutes without sniffling or blowing my nose.

Oh well. I'd better retrieve the very important things I left at home this morning thanks to my decongestant haze so I can actually finish this work before learning how to be a lobbyist. Yes, I already learned the basics of how to be a lobbyist from lobbyists-- and it was fun, fascinating, and frightening-- but this time I'm learning how to lobby as part of an activist group instead of as a legislative liaison. So we'll see how they compare.

No comments: