A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Monday, March 1, 2010

time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana.

As of today, there are exactly two months to go until graduation. I'll be spending the next two months trying to not have a complete meltdown between trying to find a job and school, and the next month and a half writing and revising at length on a topic that 99.5% of the population either doesn't understand, doesn't particularly want to understand, or would reject outright as unimportant due to political leanings. Unimportant? Well, maybe irrelevant is more accurate. And I think that interesting a whole 0.5% is being optimistic. Isn't it grand how the culminating experience of virtually every graduate program is to devote a great deal of time and effort to learning how irrelevant the rest of the world finds your work?

As of yesterday, I'm officially in the second half of 30. 30's been a blur. Nothing terrible or great has happened as a direct result of being 30 beyond having to produce proof that I am actually 30 several times (while still breaking out like a teen sucks, it's nice to know that my skin and facial features will keep me looking basically the same for a while). Assuming that the next two months don't continue to age me the way that the past two have.

No comments: