A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. -Oscar Wilde

Monday, March 29, 2010

have you seen the ether bunny?

Behold the Ether Bunny and tremble.



Nothing like a little chemistry humor. Chemists as a class have a unique appreciation for awful jokes, especially visual puns.  I haven't lost mine.

On a more serious note, I'm just not feeling Easter this year. I got a Leemar pysanky kit with the full intention of making a few. It sits unopened on a shelf. Last year, I got fed up with my family's noncommittal attitude. I went ahead and bought a ham and kielbassi and baked the paska and nut rolls out of frustration (if the majority of the food was there, there was little "work" for them to complain about). This year, I don't know. It's been a shitty school year, a shitty year so far, and a really shitty month. A spiritual holiday might under other circumstances be a nice opportunity for reflection and all that good stuff. But I'm just not feeling it. I'm too irritated with the Church as an institution to use it as a place of reflection, too frustrated with the parade of bullshit that has characterized my life since last August, too worried about my bad eye's seeming inability to focus at the present time.  I'm just not feeling Easter-y or church-y or holiday-y or celebratory-y, you know?  It's kind of pathetic.  Easter was usually one of my favorite holidays.

No comments: